Colli Euganei Park's new App!
Home » Living the territory » Points of interest » Religious sites

Abbey of Praglia

Via Abbazia, 7 - Praglia Teolo

The name of the abbey comes from the Latin word “pratolea” (meadow), referred to the vast meadows surrounding the monastery. Around 1100, Paduan aristocrat Count Maltraverso di Montebello began building a palace, thus starting the history of the abbey. Throughout the Middle Ages, this was a very important Benedictine centre and, being still inhabited by monks, it can be visited only partially.

Location: Praglia di Teolo Municipality: Teolo (PD) | View on Map
Abbey of Praglia
Abbey of Praglia
(photo by PR Colli Euganei)
 
Share on