Via Catajo, 1 - Battaglia Terme
Marquess Pio Enea Obizzi built the Catajo Castle around 1570 - 1573. The complex is something in between a fortress and a princely villa. Pio Enea II (1592-1674) made some changes: he replaced the stables with a theatre, later turned into a small Neo-Gothic church, and built the cave that contains the Fountain of the Elephant. The great artist G.B. Zelotti painted frescoes of the family deeds on the walls of the official rooms and, in 1768, Tommaso Obizzi adorned the complex with archaeological artefacts and gravestone decorations.
(photo by PR Colli Euganei)