Home » Living the territory » Points of interest » Archaeology and castles

Ruins of S. Giorgio castle

The fortification already existed in 1232 to protect the territory; but it didn’t last much, because at the beginning of the 14th century Cangrande della Scala attacked it and had it set on fire. In 1373 it was already abandoned, with only one tower left to testify to its original purpose.

Municipality: Rovolon (PD) | View on Map
Ruins of San Giorgio castle
Ruins of San Giorgio castle
(photo by PR Colli Euganei)
 
Share on