Ca' Marcello or Cini Castle
Via del Santuario, 11 - Monselice (PD)
The castle of Monselice is a system of buildings, consisting of four main units. The most ancient part is the Castelletto and its annexed Casa Romanica, which were built between the 11th and 12th century. Ezzelino Tower is a massive, 13th century building, that the Renaissance Palazzo Marcello (15th century) connects with the other buildings. In 1935 Count Vittorio Cini inherited the castle and started a radical restoration of the whole complex, also decorating the rooms with a very vast collection of arms, tables, chairs, paintings, tapestries, beds, decorative objects, as well as Medieval and Renaissance kitchen tools.
Ca' Marcello or Cini Castle, Monselice
(photo by PR Colli Euganei)